Use AirPrint to print wirelessly from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to an AirPrint-enabled printer without downloading additional software.
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution included with the Apple iOS v4.2 and later mobile operating systems. iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users can print wirelessly to any ePrint-enabled HP printer that is connected to the same local wireless network. Most HP printers released in 2010 and later support AirPrint..
Many Apple apps support AirPrint, including Safari, Mail, Photos, and iWorks. Additionally, other popular apps available in the App Store are supported. In the app, tap the Action icon, and then tap Print to print with AirPrint.
HP Printers compatible with Apple Air Print
Requirements to print with AirPrint-enabled
- An Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch that runs iOS 4.2 or later
iOS 4.2 or later can be installed as an update to a current or older Apple device, or should already be installed on a new Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Note: Not all features are compatible with all Apple devices. AirPrint and multitasking are available on iPad (all models), iPhone (3GS or later), and iPod touch (third generation or later).
- Apps that support AirPrint
Many Apple apps support AirPrint, including Safari, Mail, Photos, and iWorks. Additionally, other popular apps available in the App Store are supported.
To print from an app, tap the Action icon ( or ), and then tap Print to print with AirPrint.
Note: If the Action icon or the Print button does not display, the app does not support AirPrint at this time.
Sending Print Job using Apple AirPrint
- In the app that you want to print from, tap the Action icon ( or ) to display the menu options.
Note: Some apps might not have an Action icon as a feature. If the icon does not display, you cannot print from that particular app with AirPrint.
- Tap Print. The Printer Options menu displays.
Note: Some apps might not offer a print option because the app is not currently compatible with AirPrint. If Print is not an available action option, you cannot print from that particular app with AirPrint.
- On the Printer Options menu, tap Select Printer. A list of available printers on the network displays.
- Tap your HP ePrint printer in the drop-down menu. The Printer Options menu displays again and shows your selected printer.
- If you do not need to change print options, tap Print to send the print job to the HP printer..
- If you need to change print options, continue to the next step.
Select or change Print Options
Apple AirPrint allows you to print Web pages, documents, emails, photosand content from apps that support AirPrint. Print options might vary depending on the print app that you use to print with the HP printer.
- Number of Copies: In the Printer Options menu, tap the Plus sign ( ) or the Minus sign ( ) next to Copy as needed to select the number of copies.
- Paper: In the Printer Options menu, tap Paper to change the paper size.
- Two sided Printing: In the Printer Options menu next to Double-sided, tap On to enable two-sided printingor tap Off to disable two-sided printing..
- Page range: If you print with a file type, such as a PDF, that has multiple pages, tap Range in the Printer Options menu, and then tap All Pages or select the page range that you want to print.
With AirPrint, you can either select the paper and photo media sizes, or they are automatically selected depending on the application you use on your Apple device, your HP ePrint printer, and the region in which you use AirPrint.
AirPrint supports the following paper and media sizes:
Monitor Print Jobs and Viewing the Print Queue
- While a print job transmits to the printer, Print Center displays in the most recently used application list. After the print job completes, Print Center is not available.
- To check the status of your print job, press the Home button ( ) twiceand then tap the Print Center icon at the bottom of the Home screen.
Note: Print Center is strictly a status monitor for print jobs, and only displays while a print job transmits to the printer.
Cancelling a Print Job
There are two ways to cancel a print job with AirPrint:
- From the printer control panel: Press the Cancel button ( ) to cancel the print job.
- From the Apple device: Press the Home button ( ) twice, tap the Print Center icon at the bottom of the screen, and then tap Cancel Printing in the Print Summary menu.